Horl. Chief Commissioner Nabin Kumar Ghimire
माननीय प्रमुख आयुक्त नवीनकुमार घिमिरे
अख्तियार दुरूपयोग अनुसन्धान आयोग
Date of Birth: 14 September 1955
Marital Status: Married
Academic Qualifications: M.PA.(1999), Tribhuvan University, Nepal
Professional Area: Public Administration, Development Administration and Security Management
Home Address: Kathmandu-7, Siphal, Nepal
- To create an enabling environment by putting in place various administrative support services that are integrated and prevent corruption; and manage administration in the interest of Constitutional Rights, National Integrity and Development Goals.
- To contribute in strengthening government institutions that provide modern, efficient, cost-effective services that are responsive to the needs of Nepalese citizens, residents and visitors to our country for free, fair and secure environment.
- To provide secure, efficient and accessible civic and related services and products to citizens and legitimate residents within specified timeframes.
- To deliver the institutional mandate effectively by implementing improved organizational models that are characterised by professionalism, effective governance and operational control.
Personally committed to: Ethical conduct, Adaptability, Transparency, Professionalism, Accountability, Productivity and Innovation.
- More than 35 years of professional experience in public administration, development administration, security management, Governance, Conservation Administration and Gender in Nepal.
- Ability to develop and lead strategic knowledge management and communications strategies with skills in conceptualizing and writing creative knowledge products and excellent oral communication.
- Experiences, insights, and skills to manage knowledge, experiences, information and networks to design,
- Skills in planning, designing, managing, monitoring and evaluating different sustainable management options and approaches in resources management.
Major Skills And Capabilities
- Appointed under administrative responsibilities of Secretary, Joint Secretary, Director General, Chief District Officer, Local Development Officer, etc for more than three decades; directed and managed district administration, maintained law and order, mobilized security agencies, supervised development programs, ensured service delivery and carried out administrative reforms.
- Developed plans, policies, programs and projects focusing on local level socio-economic development.
- Actively contributed in human resource Management, finance, budget and training on management, gender development etc.
- Reoriented the administration system towards service oriented, goal oriented and development focused.
- Attempted to achieve the goals through mobilization of talents and expertise of bureaucrats.
- Conservation Administration
- Successful led the forestry sector administration on conservation and management of forest resources, bio-diversity and wildlife.
- Provided strategic guidance on protect, restore and manage the forest resources.
- Sensitize and synergize the efforts government policy makers to place priority on the forestry sector.
- Undertaken lead role in developing forest and biodiversity conservation related policies and strategies
- Facilitated the forestry sector stakeholders in managing the conflicts on project and programs on the sector.
- Gained specialized experiences on immigration management, public and development administration and focused on government sector reforms
- Worked closely on the issues relating to good governance and public responsibility.
- Represented Government of Nepal in various international conferences and bilateral co-operation meetings.
- Initiated various anti-corruption reforms and innovations in the country.
- Promoted the adoption of a risk management approach for anti-corruption work.
- Initiated various legal, policy, institutional, structural, procedural and system reforms concentrating to security institution, National and Internal Security
- . As Secretary, oversaw the strengthening of domestic and national security.
Employment Summary and Work Experiences
- 2012-2013 Secretary, Ministry of Home
- 2012-2012 Secretary, Ministry of Forests and Soil Conservation
- 2009-2012 Secretary, Ministry of Defense, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2008-2009 Joint Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs, Kathmandu
- 2006-2008 Director General, Department of Immigration, Kathmandu
- 2005-2006 Chief District Officer, District Administration Office, Birgunj, Parsa
- 2002-2005 Director General, Department of Women Development, Kathmandu
- 2001-2002 Division Chief Ministry of Land Reform & Management, Kathmandu
- 2000-2001 Act. Director General, Department of Land Information and Archive, Kathmandu
- 1998-2000 Under Secretary, Ministry of Land Reform and Management, Kathmandu
- 1997-1998 Acting Chief District Officer, District Administration Office, Kathmand
- 1996-1997 Under Secretary, Administration Reform Monitoring Committee, Kathmandu
- 1995-1996 Under Secretary, Ministry of Home, Kathmandu
- 1991-1995 Deputy Director, Department of Immigration, Kathmandu
- 1989-1991 Chief District Officer, District Administration Office, Udaypur and Palpa
- 1984-1989 Local Development Officer, District Development Committee, Ilam, Morang, and Udayapur
- 1978-1984 Section Officer, Public Service Commission, Kathmandu & Pokhara.
Supraval Jan Sewa Shree
Participation in Training/Workshop/Seminars/Conferences
|2011||Seminar, Security Sector Management, USA, Organized by Asia Pacific Centre for Security Studies, Hawaii|
|2010||Seminar/work-shop, Transnational Security issues/senior Executive course, USA, organized by Asia Pacific Centre SS For Security studies, Hawaii.|
|2009||Seminar, Senior Crisis Management, USA, organized by American University, Washington DC.|
|2007||Training, Senior Executive Training, Nepal & Thailand, organized by Nepal Administrative Staff College, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|2006||Training. International Refugee Law-2006, Italy, Organized by International Institute of Humanitarian Law San Remo, Italy|
|2005||Conference, Forty Ninth Session, USA, organized by Commission on the status of Women, UN|
|2003||Meeting, Regional Meeting of National Machineries for Gender equality in Asia and Pacific: Towards a forward looking Agenda. South Korea, organized by ESCAP & Ministry of Gender Equality, South Korea.|
|2002||Workshop, SAARC Regional Workshop on Trafficking, Nepal, organized by Ministry of Women, Children & Social Welfare, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|2000||Seminar, Budgetary / Process, Nepal, organized by Ministry of Finance, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|2000||Workshop cum Seminar, LIS Legislation Nepal, organized by Land Information System Project, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|2000||Seminar, Logical Frame Work Approach in Planning, Nepal, organized by National Planning Commission, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|2000||Seminar, Landless People's Problem, Nepal, organized by Ministry of Land Reform and Management, Kathmandu, Nepal.|
|1999||Workshop, Formulation of Action Plan relating Bonded Child Labour Nepal,organized by Department of Land Reform and ILO, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|1995||Training Cum Workshop, Negotiation Skills, Nepal, organized by Staff College, Lalitpur, Nepal|
|1992||Training, Basic Computer Course/DBase III +, Nepal, organized by National Computer Center, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|1989&1990||Regional Conferences, District Administration, Nepal, organized by Ministry of Home Affairs|
|1985,87&88||National Conferences, Local Development, Nepal, organized by Ministry of Local Development, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|1989||Workshop, Intercultural Management, Thailand, organized by GTZ (Germany)|
|1989||Workshop, German Methods of Plan, Nepal, organized by GTZ (Germany) 1988 Training (8 Weeks), District Administration, Nepal, organized by Staff College, Lalitpur, Nepal|
|1985||Seminar, Decentralized Process, Nepal, organized at Local Development Training Center, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|1984||Training (6 Weeks), District Development Plan, Nepal, organized at Local Development Training Center, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|1979||Training (5 Weeks), Personnel Administration. Nepal, organized by Public Service Commission, Kathmandu, Nepal|
- Armed Violence, (Honduras , 2013)
- Forest management (Finland 2012)
- Civil Military Relations in conflict zones (Philippines, 2010)
- Organization structure of Ministry of Defense (UK,2009)
- Immigration Procedure of Germany (2007)
- Welfare System of Japan (2004)
- Land use planning and Urban Planning of France (2000)
- Land use planning, Urban planning and Land Information System of Switzerland (2000)
- Land Information System, Land Management, Mapping Technology, Cadastral System, Urban Planning and Land use planning of Australia (2000)
- Land Information System, Land Management, Survey and Mapping Technology and Cadastral System of Malaysia (1998)
- Immigration Working Procedures of Thailand (1993).
- Thirty One Countries
Participation in high level delegation
- Meeting on Disaster Preparedness, Berlin, Germany(2013)
- Meeting of the global platform of Disaster Response, Geneva, Switzerland(2013)
- Nepal – India Home Secretary level meeting, Kathmandu, Nepal(2013)
- SAARC level meeting of Home Ministers and Secretaries, Maldives (2013)
- Rio+20 International conference of Environment, Brazil (2012)
- Nepal – India Home Secretary level meeting, New Delhi, India (2008)
- Nepal – India Home Secretary level meeting, Kathmandu, Nepal (2007)
- High Level Meetings on Border Management, New Delhi, India (2007)
- Commission on the status of women, forty ninth sessions USA (2005)
- Ministerial Joint Committee Meeting on Refugee Affairs, Thimpu, Bhutan (1995)
- Nepal China Border Security Talks, Kathmandu (1995)
- Ministerial Joint Committee meeting on Refugee Affairs, Kathmandu (1995)